City of Columbia's
Boards and Commissions
- Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) is seeking fifteen (15) individuals. Deadline to submit an application is June 27, 2013 at 5 p.m.
- Greater Columbia Community Relations Council is seeking three (3) individuals. Deadline to submit applications is June 27, 2013 at 5 p.m.
If you are interested in applying for one of these seats, please click here for an application.
Return completed application to:
Ms. Connie Lucius
Office of the City Clerk
P.O. Box 147
Columbia, SC 29217-0147
(803) 545-4268 Phone
(803) 255-8936 Fax
Get involved! Have a voice in city government!
Join a Board or Commission!
The City of Columbia has a number of Boards and Commissions with which citizen participation is vital.
Joining one is one way citizens can volunteer and get involved with their city government. The boards and commissions serve mostly in an advisory capacity to various city departments. But some also hear appeals, provide expertise, advocate, and advise city council. The Mayor and City Council seek diversity and balance in making appointment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Please see the boards or commisions listed below for more detailed information.
Boards and Commissions
· Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee
· Bicycle Pedesterian Advisory Committee
· Board of Zoning Appeals
· Building Board of Adjustment and Appeals
· Central Midlands Council of Governments
· Central Midlands Regional Transit Authority
· Charles R. Drew Wellness Center Scholarship & Advisory Committee
· Citizens Advisory Committee for Community Development
· Climate Protection Action Committee (CPAC)
· Columbia Museum of Art Commission
· Columbia Music Festival
· Columbia Tree & Appearance Commission
· Design Development and Review Commission
· Election Commission
· Greater Columbia Community Relations Council
· Historic Columbia Foundation (HCF)
· Hospitality Tax Advisory Committee
· Housing Authority of the City of Columbia
· Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports and Tourism
· Midlands Housing Alliance
· Parks and Recreation Foundation
· Planning Commission
· Property Maintenance Board of Appeals
· Richland County Board of Assessment Appeals
· Richland County Board of Assessment Control
· Richland-Lexington Airport District Commission
· River Alliance
· Riverbanks Park Commission