- City of Columbia Business License Department is responsible for issuing business licenses required for operating in the City of Columbia.
- City of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities is responsible for small, women, and minority business development.
- City of Columbia Planning and Development Department is responsible for plan reviews, design and historic preservation, and zoning approvals.
- City of Columbia Utilities and Engineering Department is responsible for water, sewer, stormwater, and construction management.
- Central SC Alliance is a regional development authority for the Central South Carolina area.
- City Center Partnership manages the development and promotion of Columbia's downtown Business Improvement District.
- Columbia Convention and Visitors Bureau is the official tourism organization for the Columbia area.
- Columbia World Affairs Council promotes and expands public awareness of international activities here in the Midlands of South Carolina.
- Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce is a civic organization comprised of business members, working to grow and develop a local business friendly environment
- EngenuitySC is a public/private partnership focused on innovation and the development of the knowledge economy.
- IT-oLogy is a non-profit collaboration of businesses, academic institutions, and organizations dedicated to growing the IT talent pipeline, fostering economic development, and advancing the IT profession.
- Midlands Education and Business Alliance connects businesses, communities, and education systems in Richland, Lexington, and Fairfield counties.
- Richland County is the governing entity responsible for business and residential services in Richland County, SC.
- Benedict College Business Development Center helps to increase the capacity of small and minority owned businesses in Columbia.
- Benedict College Incubator Program assists with minority business startup companies.
- Innovista is a strategic economic development effort that connects USC and university spawned innovations with entrepreneurs, businesses, and stakeholders.
- USC/Columbia Technology Incubator is a partnership focused on the creation and development of technology oriented companies in Columbia.
- Minority Business Development Agency-Columbia helps increase the growth and job creation of minority owned businesses.
- SC Business One Stop provides a singular location for a variety of business information and resources.
- SC Chamber of Commerce provides business advocacy and supports education and workforce development across the state.
- SC Department of Commerce is the state agency that promotes economic opportunity for individuals and businesses.
- SC Department of Employment and Workforce is responsible for providing information and services to job seekers, employers, and the unemployed.
- SC Department of Health and Environmental Control provides information and permitting assistance for state health and environmental regulations.
- SC Department of Revenue is the state agency responsible for tax and licensing.
- SC Small Business Chamber of Commerce supports small business development opportunities at the state level.
- SC Small Business Development Center provides resources and assistance for new and growing businesses.
- SC State Office of Small and Minority Business Assistance promotes the growth of small and minority owned businesses.
- US Chamber of Commerce represents the interests of businesses of all sizes and sectors across the US.
- US Department of Commerce promotes job creation, economic growth, sustainable development, and improved standards of living for all Americans.
- US Economic Development Administration leads the federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness.
- US Small Business Administration offers resources and services for new and small businesses.