The City of Columbia is a vibrant and fast growing City. There is plenty to offer in Columbia in the way of downtown shopping, arts and entertainment, college-level sports, economic and urban development.
The Human Resources Department is responsible for:
- Compensation and Classification
- Recruitment and Selection
- Employee Relations
- Health and Wellness
- Risk Management
We fulfill our mission by:
- Ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations as it relates to recruitment and providing services.
- Recruiting and retaining qualified, competent, and diverse employees through a competitive compensation and benefits program.
- Providing cost-effective benefits that address the health, financial, and retirement needs of all employees.
- Promoting healthy life style choices and improving employee well being, as well as ensuring employee safety by minimizing occupational injuries and illness.
- Fostering family friendly programs that allow for healthy intergration of work and personal life responsibilities in a manner that enhances the employees skill and work effectiveness.
- Enhancing and strengthening individual, group, and organizational effectiveness through training, coaching, and organizational services.
Human Resources Department
1225 Lady Street
Columbia, South Carolina 29201
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.