Approved companies should follow these rules when transporting and dumping sanitary sewage:
- The station will accept waste during normal business hours. These hours are:
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM - 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
The station will be closed on all official City holidays.
- The service area for septic tank and portable toilet wastes will include the Columbia 201/ 208 service area as defined by the Central Midlands Council of Governments, all of Richland County and West Columbia.
- Industrial waste will be accepted only with prior written approval.
- Treatment fees and pH adjustment charges shall be in accordance with the City of Columbia Code of Ordinances, Article V, Chapter 23, Section 23-150, Discharge of Septic Tank Waste and any amendments thereto.
- Treatment and pH adjustment charges shall be paid by punch ticket only. Punch tickets can be purchased at the City's Utilities & Engineering Department located at 1136 Washington Street. Call (803) 545 3400 for more information.
- The discharge must conform to all requirements and limitations set forth in the City of Columbia Code of Ordinances, Article IV, Chapter 23, Wastewater Services and any amendments thereto.
- Appropriate business license(s) must be obtained from the City's Business License Department located at 1136 Washington Street. Call (803) 545 3345 for more information.
- Appropriate license(s) must be obtained from the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control's On-Site Waste Management Division. Contact Mr. Leonard Gordon at (803) 896 0646 for more information.
- Appropriate license(s) must be obtained from the Richland County Health Department. Contact Mr. Jasper Varn at (803) 576 2910 for more information.
Punch tickets are only available from the Department of Utilities and Engineering. To purchase punch tickets:
- Purchase and pick them up In person at 1136 Washington Street, 7th floor.
- Order them over the phone:
- Call Special Services staff at (803) 545 3400 to purchase tickets.
- You will need a major credit card to purchase over the phone. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- Ticket purchases can be made during normal business hours. These hours are:
Monday-Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
The office will be closed on all official City holidays.
- Punch tickets ordered over the phone will be mailed to your business address within 5 working days of the order date. Orders made by the last working day of each week will be mailed before the last working day of the following week.
- A certified mail delivery charge of $6.00 will be included in the ticket purchase.
1136 Washington St.
Columbia, SC 29201
(803) 545 3300
24 hours a day
7 days a week